A random subject I thought about blogging about was numbers. We live our lives by numbers…
• How many syns/points have I had?
• How much do I weigh?
• What time do I need to leave?
• Which hair dryer temperature do I set?
• How much is it to fill my petrol tank?
• What number bus do I need?
• What dress size am I now?
• If I eat one more bar of chocolate, would that make me a piggy?
And as much as I (sort of) fit some of these into my daily life, I couldn’t help but think there must be fun numbers too?
Me? Well, I constantly clock watch to make sure I keep to Luke’s routine. And I have to count the number of scoops I add of his formula milk. And I have to measure the temperature of his bath, his food, count to make sure he still has 2 socks when we get home…Luke revolves around numbers!
So as he is asleep, I am trying to work out which numbers I have in my life, and thought I would share them all with you!
I have 49 pairs of socks…way too many for the average human being would need in a lifetime…and all of them are odd pairs! I don’t do matching pairs of socks! At all! And I haven’t worn a matching pair since I was 13.
Steve and I own 613 DVDs – And that’s not including box sets, documentaries, stand ups or DVDs we have allowed friends or family to borrow. Steve and I wonder why it’s so hard to choose a film to watch – cant imagine!
I have met 6 Famous people – And this is ‘properly’ met, not randomly saw walking on the other side of the road. I have spoken to all of the people I have met;
• Jason Donovan – after a performance of Joseph, and I got his autograph.
• Chris Marshall – BT adverts and Nick from the comedy My Family…he was stood behind me in a queue for a nightclub in Windsor. I did the polite thing and let him go in first! He said thanks!
• Bill Bailey – My most amazing claim to fame, I took Steve to see Bill’s stand up comedy tour and we met him backstage after the show. Great guy, down to earth…awesome!
• Mega City Four – Huge band in the early 90s, I was personal friends with the bass player, and now related to the drummer! Awesome!
• Tom Chilton – former British Touring Car Championship driver – Open pit lane at a BTCC meet at Brands Hatch. Such a hottie! I believe I cried after I met him, and shook like a leaf! I was 25…get a grip woman!
• Roger Black – for those who dont remember, Rog was famous for winning gold medals in the 400m sprint and the 4x400m relay? No? Well, he came to our school to talk to us during our PE lesson about health and fitness and then we played basketball. Yeah, stick to the running sir!
I saw Titanic at the cinema 11 times – and I cried every time! Such a loser! In fact, the first time I ever saw it in the cinema, I was in tears in the first 5 minutes…at the underwater footage…grow a pair woman!
138 Books I’ve read in their entirety – a very embarrassing and disappointing number here – I am 29 and would love to read more. But now especially, it’s very hard to find the time. I start to read some books, but put them down and either don’t pick them back up again, or lose them completely. (I refer here to The Hunger Games, which has actually removed itself from existence!) I also tried reading Stephen King’s It…but due to my huge phobia of clowns, I had to bury that one in the freezer! I’m catagorised as a ‘holiday reader’ so if I’m on a beach, I’ll plough through a book. I love Tess Gerritsen and Simon Beckett. Murder, mystery and suspence. (only in a book, NEVER in a film. Hate horror films!)
My mum is a massive reader. My life time amount of books is the same amount she read last year!
I’m up to level 68 on Candy Crush – and I detest this game! It’s driving me insane. I took me a little over 8 weeks to do level 37…GAH!
I have 132 Facebook friends – Remember when people used to ‘collect’ Facebook friends? Some people had over 1,000 friends to show they were popular? I used to be one of these people, but I only ever got to 284. So after a huge cull of people, I got it down to 132…which are people I actually communicate with! Mainly family, and a few of my YouTube buddies. But I’m not a collector anymore.
I own 31 Nail varnishes – a poor attempt for a collection. But now I finally have nails I can paint, I shall try to boost my collection up some more. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated…I need inspiration! I mainly go for pinks and nudes, but I may try to push the boat out slightly, if I feel brave enough…I’m such a wimp really.
482 Posts on Instagram – follow me if you aren’t already…HarrietR1984 I post regularly…looking through them, they are mainly of my baby boy, food and things I have purchased. I’m currently doing the August Photo Challenge, which has been really fun. But I like to Instagram on a daily basis. Please come and say hi!
6,675 Tweets sent on Twitter – Again, I tweet alot! Would you like to keep in touch? Follow me on @HarrietR1984 (see the creativity in my Twitter name there?) I like to keep in touch with people, especially now I’m not making videos anymore. So I tweet a lot…even if I have nothing to tweet about!
There are 312 Songs currently on my iPod – I love music. I live to my own soundtrack. But at the moment, I am heavily addicted to Ludovico Einaudi (an incredibly talented Italian Pianist), Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran and Linkin Park. (opposite ends of the scale there!) but if I’m not listening to my IPod, i’m listening to my Spotify playlist (which is packed with tunes, mainly from the 80s!) I listen to anything and everything!
I currently have 8 pound coins in my purse – which is a lot for me! I don’t usually have cash. But this won’t last long – its been a while since I’ve had a mars bar!
7 Times I’ve been abroad – I’ve been to France, Germany, Florida, New York, Estonia, Portugal and Mauritius. I would love to travel more. My parents have visited most of the islands in the Meditteranean, and Steve’s parents are slowly visiting every country on the planet – they have just returned from an African safari…they are very well travelled, and I am incredibly jealous!
So there you go – don’t live life by numbers, unless they are FUN!!
Thanks for reading – have a great day!
Love Harriet xxx